The purpose of this letter is to inform you that as applicable, your student will be taking the computer-based Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) 9th and 10th grade students will take the FSA ELA Reading assessment(s) on April 14-15 (Group A) or April 16-17( Group B). End-of-Course (EOC) assessment(s) will be administered as follows: Geometry May 5-6, Algebra 2, May 11-12, and/or Algebra 1 May 13-14. All FSA Reading and EOCs are administered in two 90-minute sessions over two days, and students may have up to half the length of a typical school day to complete each session. A scientific calculator is permitted for use during Session 2 only of each EOC. If you or your student would like to gain familiarity with the computer-based testing platform, item types, and response formats your student will see on the FSA EOC assessments, a training test and answer key are available at http://www.FSAssessments.org/training-tests.
The statewide assessment program is designed to provide parents, teachers, policy makers, and the general public with information regarding how well students are learning Florida’s academic standards. According to section 1008.22(3), Florida Statutes, “Participation in the assessment program is mandatory for all school districts and all students attending public schools, including adult students seeking a standard high school diploma under s. 1003.4282 and students in Department of Juvenile Justice education programs, except as otherwise provided by law. If a student does not participate in the assessment program, the school district must notify the student’s parent and provide the parent with information regarding the implications of such nonparticipation.” If you wish to access this legislation, please go to http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=1000-1099/1008/Sections/1008.22.html.
Please review the following policies with your student before testing:
- Electronic Devices—Students are not permitted to have any electronic devices, including but not limited to cell phones and smartphones, at any time during testing OR during breaks (e.g., restroom), even if they are turned off or students do not use them. If your student is found with an electronic device, his or her test will be invalidated. The best practice is for students to leave devices at home or in their lockers on the day of testing.
- Testing Rules Acknowledgment—All FSA tests include a Testing Rules Acknowledgment that reads, “I understand the testing rules that were just read to me. If I do not follow these rules, my test score may be invalidated.” Prior to testing, test administrators read the rules to students, and students acknowledge that they understand the testing rules by signing below the statement on their Mathematics work folder.
- Discussing Test Content after Testing—The last portion of the testing rules read to students before they sign below the Testing Rules Acknowledgment states, “After the test, you may not reveal details about the passages or items to anyone. This includes any type of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting online, for example, on websites like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.” Please make sure your student understands that “discussing” test content includes any kind of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting to blogs or social media websites.
- Test Invalidations—Students are responsible for working on their own during the test and for protecting their answers from being seen by others. If students are caught cheating during testing, their tests will be invalidated. FDOE employs a test security company, Caveon Test Security, to analyze student test results to detect unusually similar answer patterns. Student results within a school that are found to have extremely similar answer patterns will be invalidated.
- Leaving Campus—If your student leaves campus before completing a test session (for lunch, an appointment, or illness, etc.), he or she WILL NOT be allowed to complete the test session. If your student does not feel well on the day of testing, it may be best for him or her to wait and be tested on a make-up day. Please remember not to schedule appointments on testing days.
Thank you for supporting your student and encouraging him or her to do his or her best during this test administration.
Blake Fry, Principal
Coral Shores 2015 Testing Dates March-June
|Testing Students||Test||Students Not Testing|
|May 5th & 6th
(Session 1 & 2)
|May 11th & 12th
(Session 1 & 2)
|Algebra 2 EOC|
|May 13th & 14th
(Session 1 & 2)
|Algebra 1 EOC|
7:30 or 11:30
|Advanced Placement Tests
|US History EOC|
|May 20th-27th||Senior Exams|
|June 1st-5th||District EOCs (finals)|
District Mock Trial Champs!
Congratulations to Todd Gideon, who was recently named the Coral Shores High School Teacher of the Year as well as Monroe County District Teacher of the Year! Way to go, Mr. Gideon!
Congratulations! Make plans to be at the Honor Band concert on January 31 at Marathon High School, 3 p.m.
Look for the app in Google Play by searching for MCSD Mobile and in iTunes using the keyword “keysschools.” Once you have downloaded and installed the app, swipe to the right to view resources that include access to Gradebook, Facebook, Meal Pay, and the full website. To follow a school, tap on My Profile, then Follow School. Type the school name in, then select it from the list and tap “Finished.” The news feed and calendar will now show items from both the district and all schools that you follow.
District Honor Band members for 2015 have just been released.
From the Coral Shores band room, the honorees are :
Melissa Hutchinson, Hannah Vinney, Katarina Wronka, Caroline Mullen, Seamus Dougherty, Selina Quezada-Myers, Morgan Besterman, Raven Golie, Gigi Valdes, Francisco Moc, and Joel Terrill.
Of those musicians, over half received either first or second chair: Melissa Hutchinson first chair flute, Hannah Vinney 2nd chair oboe, Katarina Wronka 1st Chair Bassoon, Caroline Mullen 2nd Chair Tuba, Selina Quezada-Myers 2nd Chair Trombone, Morgan Besterman 2nd Chair Tenor Sax, and Gigi Valdes 1st Chair Euphonium.
These students will join other high level instrumentalists from other band rooms in Dade and Monroe counties for a weekend in January of rehearsals and performance. CSHS will be well represented among the top performers in our District.
Please join me in congratulating these Hurricane players!
AND please plan on hearing them, plus the rest of our amazing CSHS Concert Band at our Winter Concert, next Thursday, December 11 at 7 p.m. in the PAC.
Bring your family and enjoy a great performance. See you there!
edited by: Cristian Carbajal
Lori Johnson, Mackenzie Thorn, Tyler Vandergriff, Taylor Nyman, Katie Bell-Adams, Rachel Britton, Lauren Leach, Rachelle Magdaong, Victor Hernandez-Garcia, Marcos Hernandez-Garcia, Deisy Munoz, Halley Lane, Courtney Caputo, Patrick Major, Sean Dionne, David Williams, Tristan Garcia, Hanna Boeh, Dylan Knauer, Meghan Murphy, Michael Price, Taylor Meadows, Edgar Gutierrez, Ryne Danzig, Karyna Doering, Selena Harrison-VanSant, Kyle Gates, Markia Anderson, Nichole Thomas, Cote Snodgrass, Alex Munafo, Lauren Rabe, Sacha Franks, David Duran, Phillip Atkin, , Caitlin Lawler, Daniel McMahon, Valerie Barrow, Bailey Karadimas, Maranda Piekarski, Gigi Edwards, Evelyn Betancourt, Dylan Van Etta, Parker Anthony, Faith Johnson, Jose Martinez, Elizabeth Perez, Aaron Wilkins, Harry Normington, Stephen Normington, Jacob Arkin, Madison Campbell, Victoria Nyman, Kiera Angelo, Tatiana Ayala-Gonzalez, Gianna Ancheta, Alia Jones, William Coffin, Emmanuel Morales, Pookie del Pino, Keeley Catarineau, Luke Herrick , Andres Garcia, Jay Kubida, Connor O’Neill, Ashley Beyer, Dane Dallas, Rion Hunter, Amber Davis , Jacob Queen, Brianna Wilson, Anahi Ornelas, Sebastian Crespo-Severino, Jacob Dillon, Rebeca Ortiz, Angel Alvarez, Thomas Rodriguez , Robert Shermer, Caitlin Yong, Zachery Roth, Tanaris Walker, Edward Jankowski, Cristian Carbajal, Haley Hodes, Javi Exposito, Dawn Stewart, Colleen Doyle, Jamie Gunthner, Tamara Figueras, Jessenia Fiallo, Maryori Ornelas, Vanessa Bang, Yeilys Matos-Pena, Rubiselda Rey, Audrey Butler, Cristine Cano, Tyler Prenesti, Jason Hostetlet, Morgan Ljuba, Jordan Rodriquez, Peter Nekhalla, Hailey Spaulding, Oliver Allison, Julie Prieto, Jack Rentz, Aisha Oliver, Orion Lemen, Davia Lavino, Emma Bradley, Josoe Lara, Nairobi Goyan, Jacob Fulper, Ricardo Ornelas, Kyle Estrada Clarke, Logan Couty, Ben Pope, Angel Kelley, Kailey Seiler, Megan Buck, Dylan Alpers, Christian Frisone, Nikki Thomas, Brianna Costa, Caroline Mullen, Francisco Moc, Daniel Walker, Amber Nelson, Hannah Vinney, Katarina Wronka, Kyle Estrada-Clarke, Melissa Hutchinson, Moises Vazquez.
Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.
Edited by Moises Vazquez
Username is first-name.last-name
Password is your lunch number
Edited by Harry Normington
ID = student ID number
Password = lunch number